I am Assistant Professor in the Software and Services (S2) research group, lead by prof. Patricia Lago at the Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam (The Netherlands).
Everything simple is false. Everything which is complex is unusable
My research interests include software architecture languages (ALs), Model-Driven Engineering, mobile-enabled software systems, and robotics.
Here you can find a list of research themes I am currently working on:
- Abstraction, reuse, and automation in mobile multi-robot systems
- Safety and adaptability in mobile multi-robot systems
- Collaborative design and development of mobile applications
- Software architecture modelling and reasoning
- Mobile applications analysis
- Empirical software engineering
Since May 2016 I am member of the Amsterdam Data Science, an initiative of the main Amsterdam-based knowledge institutes (CWI, AUAS/HvA, UvA and VU) to develop world-class data science talent and technology within the Amsterdam region.
For more information about my research activities please refer to my Curriculum.
Program committees, chairing, and reviewing activities
I have been reviewer of the following international journals:
- Transactions on Software Engineering (TSE), IEEE
- Information and Software Technology (IST), Elsevier
- Journal of Systems and Software (JSS), Elsevier
- Software and Systems Modeling (SoSyM) journal, Springer
- Journal of Software: Evolution and Process (JSME), Wiley
- International journal on Empirical Software Engineering (EMSE), Springer
- International journal on Computer Languages, Systems and Structures (COMLAN), Elsevier
- Transactions On Software Engineering And Methodology (TOSEM), ACM – as external reviewer
- Computer Science Review international journal (COSREV), Elsevier
- IEEE Software magazine, special issue on Software Engineering for Internet Computing (SWSI)
- IET Software journal
- International journal on Frontiers of Computer Science (FCS), Springer
- International journal of Science of Computer Programming (SCP), Elsevier – as external reviewer
- International Journal of Software Testing, Verification and Reliability (STVR), Wiley – as external reviewer
- PeerJ Computer Science Journal, open access
International conferences and workshops
I have been chair of the following international conferences:
- International Conference on Software Engineering (ICSE) – Social media chair
- IEEE/ACM International Conference on Mobile Software Engineering and Systems (MobileSoft) – Publicity chair
- International Conference on Software Architecture (ICSA) – Workshop chair
- International Conference on ICT for Sustainability (ICT4S) – Workshop chair
I have been program committee member of the following international conferences and workshops:
- International Conference on Software Architecture (ICSA)
- Working IEEE/IFIP Conference on Software Architecture (WICSA)
- International ACM Sigsoft Symposium on Component-Based Software Engineering (CBSE)
- International ACM Sigsoft Conference on the Quality of Software Architectures (QoSA)
- IEEE/ACM International Conference on Mobile Software Engineering and Systems (MobileSoft)
- International Conference on Web Engineering – demo track (ICWE)
- International Conference on Product-Focused Software Process Improvement – short papers track (PROFES)
- International Conference on Future Internet of Things and Cloud – Software Architecture and Middleware track (FiCloud)
- International Conference on ICT for Sustainability (ICT4S)
- Innovations in Software Engineering Conference (ISEC) – Mobile Software Engineering track
- IEEE International Conference on AI and Mobile Services (AIMS)
- International Conference on Software Engineering and Applications (ICSOFT-EA)
- International Conference on Mobile Services (MS)
- International Conference on Information Technology: New Generations (ITNG)
- International Wireless Communications & Mobile Computing Conference (IWCMC)
- International Conference on Advances and Trends in Software Engineering (SOFTENG)
- International Workshop on Engineering the Web of Things (EnWoT)
- International Workshop on Usability and Accessibility focused Requirements Engineering (UsARE)
- International Workshop on Cloud and Service Management and Simulation (CSMS)
- International Workshop on Software Development Lifecycle for Mobile (DeMobile)
- International Workshop on Engineering Energy Efficient WSNs (EEEWSN)
- International Workshop on lowering the adoption barrier of enterprise modelling (LABEM)
- International Workshop on the Engineering of Mobile-Enabled Systems (MOBS)
I have been organizer of the following international workshops:
- COMMitMDE 2016, 1st International Workshop on Collaborative Modelling in MDE (co-located with MODELS 2016), Saint-Malo, France.
- ModComp 2016, 3rd International Workshop on Interplay between Model-Driven and Component-Based Software Engineering (co-located with MODELS 2016), Saint-Malo, France.
I have been external reviewer of the following international conferences and workshops:
- International Conference on Software Engineering (ICSE)
- IEEE/ACM International Conference on Automated Software Engineering (ASE)
- International Symposium on Software Testing and Analysis (ISSTA)
- European Software Engineering Conference (ESEC)
- ACM SIGSOFT Symposium on the Foundations of Software Engineering (FSE)
- International Conference on Fundamental Approaches to Software Engineering, (FASE)
- ACM/IEEE International Conference on Model Driven Engineering Languages and Systems (MODELS)
- European Conference on Software Architecture (ECSA)
- Symposium On Applied Computing (ACM SAC)
- International Conference on Software Testing, Verification and Validation (ICST)
- International Conference On Quality Software (QSIC)
- International Conference on Software and Data Technologies (ICSOFT)
- Euromicro Conference on Software Engineering and Advanced Applications (SEAA)
- International Conference on Software Engineering Advances (ICSEA)
- International Conference on International Conference on integrated Formal Methods (iFM)
- International Conference on Tools and Algorithms for the Construction and Analysis of System (TACAS)
- International Conference on Software Engineering Research, Management and Applications (SERA)
- Conference of the Italian Chapter of AIS – Empowering society through digital innovations (itAIS)
- FME Workshop on Formal Methods in Software Engineering (FormaliSE)
- International Workshop on Green and Sustainable Software (GREENS)
- International Workshop on Software Engineering for Resilient Systems (SERENE)
- International Workshop on Automation of Software Test (AST)
- Workshop on SHAring and Reusing architectural Knowledge (SHARK)
- Workshop on Model Driven Interoperability (MDI)
FLYAQ proposes an open source platform to support missions planning of autonomous quadrotors. FLYAQ will allow users to define missions at a high level of abstraction and the will automatically synthesize the code for each quadrotor that will be involved in the mission. In this way FLYAQ will allow an easy and error-prone definition of the missions, thus effectively supporting human personnel during missions.
A modelling and analysis platform to support an architecture-driven development of WSNs. The platform leverages a multi-view architectural approach based on three modeling languages to describe a WSN from different viewpoints. The modeling framework is supported by a programming framework that enables the implementation of analysis and code generation plugins by third party developers.
A framework for developing next generation ADLs according to their evolved requirements. Emerging requirements include: support for domain specific concerns, support for multiple views, extensibility, analysis features, interoperability with other ADLs, promote architecture-centric development and tool-support. byADL is implemented in Eclipse and it is built on model-driven technologies.
An Eclipse based framework to create interoperability among UML2 and Architectural Description Languages (ADLs). DUALLy works at two abstraction levels: meta-modeling (via AMW weaving models), and modeling (via UML, Ecore models and ATL transformations).
An infrastructure for realizing architecture frameworks with a focus on reusing already defined viewpoints and languages and considering stakeholders and their concerns as part of the framework itself. In this specific context, we refer to the conceptual foundations and on the definition of architecture framework provided in the ISO/IEC 42010 standard.
An encrypted(DES) port knocking tool. Knock sequences are defined through XML files; users specify: number of packets of each knock sequence, payload and header of each packet. Logging capability. Generation of smoke packets. No replay-attack.