The theme of the hackathon is “Open Data – Citizen participation” and since I recognize that it may be quite hard for newbies or not experienced developers
to find interesting data to work on, in this post I collect some of them, let’s go!
- EUHackathon 2013 Resources: data sets listed by the organizers of another very interesting event that will take place in Bruxelles in September.
- Google Transparency Report: it contains data about Google services traffic, about the number of data removal request issued by governments, about data access requests by governments as well.
- Herdict: contains aggregated data about the reachability of web sites in the world over time.
- Open Data Census: right now it is one of the greatest containers of open data about government budget, companies, legislations, etc.
- Programmable Web: the comprehensive container of any kind of API, I actually spend half an hour every day on it 🙂